Thursday, July 25, 2019

Canadian Maritimes Adventure

In about 32 hours, I'll be heading out on my next great adventure. This one will be a solo mission, as Josh is working, though I don't think he was really all that interested in this trip anyway.

I'll be exploring the Canadian maritime provinces, and from there, I'll continue into Labrador, through Quebec and then back home.


This is a two week journey. Along the way, I'll be visiting some of the larger cities in these provinces, as well as several Canadian National Parks.

The "highlight" of this adventure is the Trans Labrador Highway, which has been called the "Loneliest Road In The World".

Here's the itinerary:

Day 1 - New City, New York to Bangor, Maine
Day 2 - Bangor, Maine to Fundy National Park, New Brunswick, Canada
Day 3 - National Park, New Brunswick, Canada
Day 4 - Funding National Park to Prince Edward Island National Park, PEI, Canada
Day 5 - Prince Edward Island National Park to Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Day 6 - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada to Cape Breton Highlands National Park, NS, Canada
Day 7/8 - Cape Breton Highlands National Park, NS to St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
Day 9 - St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada to Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland, Canada
Day 10 - Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland, Canada to St. Barbe, Newfoundland, Canada
Day 11 - St. Barbe, Newfoundland, Canada to Port Hope Simpson, Labrador, Canada
Day 12 - Port Hope Simpson, Labrador, Canada to Happy Valley Goose Bay, Labrador, Canada
Day 13 - Happy Valley Goose Bay, Labrador, Canada to Labrador City, Labrador, Canada
Day 14 - Labrador City, Labrador, Canada to Baie Comeau, Quebec, Canada
Day 15 - Baie Comeau, Quebec, Canada to Lake Placid, New York
Day 16 - Lake Placid, New York to New City, New York

This one is "about the journey".

I'm not sure what my access to the internet will be ... certainly for most of the time in Newfoundland and Labrador I'm not expecting any, but I plan to log each day and will upload to the blog when I can.

That's about it ... Hopefully, I'll have a Bon Voyage!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment