Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Day 18

We have to wake up before dawn this morning to get Patty & Rachel to the airport for their flight home. Originally, we had booked them on a flight that left mid-morning, but unfortunately, the airline cancelled that flight and rebooked them on a flight that leaves at around 6:00 am!

The airport is only about 10 minutes from the campground we're staying at, so I'm thinking that I may let Josh stay & sleep in the trailer while I bring Patty & Rachel to the airport. I'm planning to wait to make sure their flight takes off before Josh and I continue on to our next stop, Alamosa, Colorado.


Today's drive is the shortest drive of our trip, so we're not going to be in any great rush to get going. Along the way from Albuquerque, we'll be passing through Santa Fe, NM. I'm thinking we may stop for a short walk through Santa Fe, but we'll see whether or not we feel like it when we get there.

Alamosa, CO is a "gateway" to Great Sand Dunes National Park, which is on our agenda for day 19. More on that in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment