Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Day 20

We had some really bad thunderstorms in Amarillo last night that went on for hours. I woke up at around 2:00 and decided to check to make sure nothing was leaking from the air conditioner ... unfortunately, there was a slow drip. Fortunately, it wasn't too bad at that point, so I put down the small tarp that I had brought along for just this purpose, along with a plastic bag and a towel. When I woke up in the morning, the towel was soaked, and the small rug that had been dripped on before I woke up were wet, but that was the only "damage".

We made breakfast, packed up the trailer, and headed out for our "long" drive to Hot Springs, AR. According to Google Maps, the trip was expected to take about 9 hours. With a couple of gas stops, it took about 9:15.

We got set up, made dinner, and then watched a movie on TV. Tomorrow, we're going to spend the day in and around Hot Springs National Park.

The good news that I got when we arrived here, is that my camera appears to be working again, at least to some degree, so I'm hopeful that with a little more drying out, it will be back to 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment