Saturday, July 11, 2015

Almost Time ...

With only four days to go, things are getting busy now!

I washed the trailer yesterday evening, as it was really gross. For the two months that it was parked under the trees at the top of the driveway, a lot of "tree gunk" had come down on it. It took a pretty significant amount of elbow grease to get it clean, but now it's in pretty good shape, and at least the "bio-smell" is gone.

Spent this morning getting all of our gear together and started loading the trailer. I'm really happy with all of the extra cargo space I added when I refurbished the interior last Fall. There's plenty of storage now, which will allow us to avoid putting any gear in the car, except for our food.

This afternoon, Josh and I went shopping to get all of the food we'll need for the first part of the trip. We'll have to "fill in" with more stuff along the way, but we're off to a real good start.

The plan for tomorrow is to finish loading the trailer, and then close it up and put it back in the garage until we leave on Wednesday morning.

We've made a couple of minor changes to our trip plan, including a "detour" to the Jim Beam Distillery in Kentucky when we travel from Mammoth Cave National Park to Streetsboro, Ohio. We're going to be driving right past it, so there's no way I can't stop ... who knows ... maybe we'll run into Mila Kunis while we're there!!!


I'd really like to stop at the AllTech Brewery near Lexington, KY, but that's a little too far out of the way. I'm just going to have to settle for Jim Beam.

Still plenty more to do over the next couple of days. I'm really looking forward to heading out on Wednesday morning ... just a few more days!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment