Friday, June 7, 2013

The Sequel

When Josh and I embarked upon our "Excellent Adventure" two years ago, we talked about doing a follow-up trip that would take us to to the Pacific Northwest, and would include Glacier National Park, Olympic National Park and whatever other places we could find in Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon and Northern California.

In just about seven weeks, we will undertake that follow-up trip as our "Bogus Journey" ... well, hopefully not.

Our motivation was provided by my nephew, and Josh's cousin, Alex, and his girlfriend Stacy, who are taking a similar nationwide trip of their own, just a few weeks before Josh and I are scheduled to begin our trip. After hearing their plans, I was energized to put together the trip that Josh and I had talked about taking two years earlier.

Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be adding posts to this blog, outlining our itinerary and planned adventures. During the trip, I hope once again to be able to post near-daily updates to the blog, including pictures, to document our exploits, and as a way to stay in touch with Patty & Rachel back home. Of course, I'll also encourage Josh to add his thoughts to the blog as well.

Jumping straight to the numbers, this time round, our trip will be 25 days long, will have us traveling through 20 states, visiting at least 8 national parks, and driving more than 7200 miles.

It should be another epic adventure, and I hope you'll join us via this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment