Thursday, May 19, 2011

Introduction

If you're reading this, I assume you probably know who I am. If not, my name is Matt, and I have a 10, soon to be 11, year old son named Josh.

On July 10, 2011, Josh and I will embark on a 22 day cross-country camping trip that will take us from our home in Rockland County, New York to Yosemite National Park in California, and back, with lots of stops in between! This blog has been created as a forum for Josh and I to communicate with our friends and family while we are away on this journey.

Of course, the first question many people have asked me is ... Why??? Why would you do this? The simple answer is that this has always been a "dream" of mine ... to travel the country and visit some of our nation's greatest natural resources ... its National Parks. I always figured I'd do it in an RV or something, but we'll be tent camping every night instead.

During our trip, I plan on posting to this blog on a daily basis, including pictures. I'm hoping that Josh will post as well, so that our trip can be seen through his eyes too. I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions, though I do ask that you "keep it clean", as Josh and his friends will be viewing this blog.

Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be posting the details of our itinerary.

I hope you enjoy reading our blog, and as I said, if you have any constructive suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

That's it for now.

Thanks for reading,
Matt

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    Why dont you turn this into a crowd sourcing adventure. Tell us where you are and well vote online for the next place we think you should go... let us also join in the fun and who knows where you might land up

    Enjoy the trip,, and sharing it with your son

    Simeon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be an interesting wrinkle, however, all the campground reservations are made and I think we'll stay to plan for this trip. But who knows, that might be an idea for a future adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete